Cooke Series XVa Triple Convertible Lens
The same classic lines, format and focal length combinations as the original Cooke Series XV lens. Cooke's redesign of this still popular classic maintains the favorite characteristics of the original lens while incorporating new features requested by contemporary photographers:
- For 8 x 10 large format photography
- Focal lengths: 645mm (front cell only), 476mm (back cell only), 311mm (front + back).
- Color balanced for today's film stocks.
- Renowned Cooke multicoating. No flaring. No ghosting.
- Dynamic Scale Ring. Three easily readable f stop scales on one dialable ring for the three lens combinations (front + back, front only, back only). The ring easily attaches to any recent vintage Copal #3 shutter in good condition.
- Combine your first XVa lens with a second XVa lens for two additional focal length combinations: 365mm (front + front) and 271mm (back + back).
The lens can be supplied with or without a Copal #3 shutter. Your choice:
- Use an existing recent vintage Copal #3 shutter in your lens collection or purchase a new Copal #3 shutter locally (to avoid paying an additional markup. We do try to help.) The Dynamic Scale Ring is included with your purchase and attaches easily to your existing shutter (instructions included).
- Purchase the lens with a shutter and it will be delivered with the Dynamic Scale Ring already attached.
- If you choose to purchase a second Series XVa lens set to take advantage of the five possible focal length combinations, we have a Dynamic Scale Ring with all five f stop combinations available to assemble to your shutter.
Cooke Series XVa Convertible Lens
Comprehensive Specifications for Five Possible Focal Length Combinations
Front + Back
Back + Back
Front + Front
f/6.8 to f/90
f/11 to f/90
f/16 to f/90
f/5.6 to f/90
f/8 to f/90
|Angle of View|
(Angle of View)
|Maximum Useable Image Circle at 10 Feet and Less|
|Flange Focal Distance|
|Filter Size|| 77mm screw in Front Cell|
62mm screw in Back Cell
62mm screw in Gold Ring (shutter front)
|Location Bore in Lens Board||65mm Standard for Copal #3 Shutter|
|Overall Length||85mm/3.35 inches (Front + Back)|
|Weight||0.93kg/2.05 lbs. (with Front + Back)|
|External Finish||Semi-gloss black anodised, with textured gold bevel ring|